Monday, March 31, 2008

Eco Tourism

Become a responsible tourist. I just wonder how responsible one can be as a tourist? Throwing it out there with some links to some writing on at least two sides of the argument.

World Changing Article , No Impact Man Commentary on Travel, Ecotourism.org, UNEP on the effects of tourism.

I've been a tourist, and I know the effect it has upon me as an individual. It is an amazing opportunity to see how other people live, and how different life can be. I also don't know what effect I've had on them though. Should I have been more careful how I spent my money? On a more definitive measuring scale, there is the carbon footprint of flying half way across the world. So much to consider.

And why do most Ecotourism ads look towards traveling in jungles and safaris?


No comments: