Monday, November 23, 2009

Second Look



This is a street vendor's setup in Adum, a main section of downtown Kumasi, Ghana. I was impressed by the organization and stacking of all the items. Upon re-inspecting the photo, I found myself asking a number of questions that I had not thought of while in there. The first question, which leads me to to many others, is: does the vendor set this up every day? That prompts a number of other thoughts, such as the care and dedication that must be applied if it is set up everyday. The other option is equally compelling, because if it isn't set up everyday, who watches it every night? There is another alternative to watching it every night, which is that most everything is sold each day. In which, it is set up everyday with care and attention.

No comments: