Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Blanket Advertising



When I got to the T station this morning, Flip had bought out the entire Harvard Square Inbound station advertising banners. A few weeks ago, Adidas had done something similar (though they bought out the entire station). I really didn't care for the Adidas Ad, in fact, I found it offensive and was glad when their lease was up. These Flip Ads are going to make for some interesting mornings with their bright blues in the fairly muted subway. I've read that Apple may subsidize Chicago CTA's remodel, which won't be such a bad thing by my standards (I find the simplicity of Apple Ads bearable and preferable to alternatives). I am fine with these steps being taken for cities to continue to offer public transportation. Not sure what to do when the advertising is offensive as with the Adidas experience.

No comments: