Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Stoves Around the World


I recently uploaded about 92 photos to my flickr account from my travels between Southern California to Africa to India, all around the topic of documenting stoves. It is something I plan to continue to do throughout my travels around the world. See what I have so far here, Stove Photos.

I recently worked with an MIT student, Olin Professor, local Welder and NGO in India on designing a stove. It was more of a research project towards the eventual design of a stove. A prototype ended up being built, that taught everyone involved a good amount about stove design. Through this experience, we used the Rocket Stove design principles as one of our main guides towards fuel efficient stove design. It is worth a read, you can download it here, design principles for wood burning cook stoves.

No comments: